Earlier this week, lollipopyarn nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I felt like Sally Field at first (“You like me. You REALLY like me…”). Then I realized that more people than just my Mom are reading this – even if it is just a few. And then I read one of the rules and I started to panic.
Here are the rules:
The rules to be followed when accepting The Versatile Blogger Award are:-
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate and inform 15 fellow bloggers.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
The “Thanking rule” is a no brainer. Lollipopyarn has a great blog and a quick wit. I get her and her crazy life. So, thank you, Lollipopyarn! And keep on blogging.
The “Share 7 Random Facts” is a no brainer, too. Apparently, my brain’s filter for sharing self-humiliating moments with strangers isn’t as strong as it used to be, so random facts might need to be limited to 7 rather than a struggle to get there. Here they are, in random order of course:
1. I love popcorn after a long day. I love Coke. But the best treat ever is popcorn dipped into Coke just before it goes in my mouth.
2. I went through a Rap phase when in High School. I knew every word to the Beastie Boys debut album, Licensed to Ill. My parents adored me those years.
3. I cried for a whole day when those same parents wouldn’t let me, a very mature 11 year old, go to see Chicago (the band, not the play) with my college-aged brother. It only dawned on me later that my brother was probably pleading with them to say no.
4. I have been to Wall Drug in South Dakota. If you have never driven on I-90 in South Dakota, you wouldn’t understand.
5. I was a DJ, an Assistant Manager, and then GM of my college radio station, WBWC 88.3, back in the day. I loved being on the air and still pull out my sultry radio voice every once in a while.
6. I was the first female sports announcer in the college’s history. In hindsight, I was also the worst sports announcer in the college’s history.
7. I secretly love being on the farm and am even thinking those four-legged dudes in the barn are kinda cute….
OK, now for the rule that had me panicked – “Nominate and inform 15 fellow bloggers”. See, I started this blog to help keep family informed about wedding plans. Then it became an outlet for our transition from city world to country life. I’ve had my head so far up my…my…um….mule that I haven’t really gotten to know many other bloggers. I have my few that I love and hope to catch every once in a while and that’s it.
I have been stressing about this for days. I am such a perfectionist and rule follower that not having 15 blogs was keeping me up at night.
So, I am breaking the rule right now – I am doing 10 and will add the other 5 when I find ones I really like (probably this weekend). Here are my 10 nominees:
The Pioneer Woman – my idol and the one who allowed me to believe a city girl and country boy can make it. She really doesn’t need my nomination (I think she’s won every award for blogging known to mankind), but I read her.
That’s all I got. Now I need to feed the kids and get us all out the door.